[CentOS] Digital Audio (via EIDE ribbon cables) supported in Kernel in CentOS 5.0?

Lanny Marcus

centos at computer2.com
Tue Feb 20 15:43:35 UTC 2007

Hello: Will Digital Audio (via EIDE ribbon cables) be supported in the
Kernel in CentOS 5.0? I'm now using CentOS 4.4 on a Dell Dimension 2400
box (Celeron 2.6 GHz CPU). This is a dual boot box, rarely booted into
Windows XP, but when I do use Windows, and I place an Audio CD into the
DVD drive or CD-RW drive, I can hear the music. Using CentOS 4.4, I can
see that the software and hardware are working OK, but, no music audible
thru the speakers. TIA, Lanny