[CentOS] Centosplus

Jim Perrin jperrin at gmail.com
Thu Feb 22 12:25:04 UTC 2007

On 2/22/07, John Hinton <webmaster at ew3d.com> wrote:
> Are there any gotchas with doing a MySQL5 upgrade from the centosplus
> repostitory? Can this be done as an update via yum or do I need to
> uninstall and the install? There wasn't anything on this in the
> readme.txt file.

I've been using mysql5 in production for quite a while now. It works
fine, and I've done many direct upgrades from mysql4 to mysql5 with
yum. However if you already have a fair amount of data in the
database, I'd still take a fresh backup just in case. It's always the
time you aren't prepared that you get bitten :-P

George Orwell