[CentOS] CentOS 4.4 on Dell PE 6400 - not rebooting ...

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Sat Feb 24 01:51:38 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-02-23 at 12:22 -0500, Jim Perrin wrote:
> On 2/23/07, Drew Weaver <drew.weaver at thenap.com> wrote:
> > He would have a point if the bugs that I was refering to actually
> > appeared in RHEL 4, which they don't at least not for me.
>
> Okay, trash talking and ego aside..
----
If I had just one complaint about CentOS developers (and admittedly, I
do not dwell on it), it is the nasty tone that leaks out from time to
time. This instance, it was Johnny which is somewhat rare for him,
occasionally from Jim, and it used to be somewhat frequent from Karanbir
but he has taken a lower profile the past few months.

I certainly recognize that when expressed, this attitude indicates the
feeling that we the users, are ungrateful or not cognizant of the time
and energy demands of maintaining CentOS and thus the verbal missives
that accompany the response to less than wholly respectful opinions are
justified.

To that end, I would like to say:

- thanks Jim, Johnny, Russ, Karanbir, Lance and the others that I failed
to acknowledge. Your efforts are surely appreciated by everyone on this
list even if we fail to express it.

- sometimes users vent their frustrations and typically their
frustrations stem from the fact that they don't fully understand their
problem. This shouldn't represent an opportunity to insult them. Asking
them to clarify their problems before blasting them would probably be a
better policy. Given that there are a lot of knowledgeable people using
CentOS, some amount of knowledge should be assumed.

Craig