[CentOS] Upgraded BackupPC (3.0.0) in the Testing Repository

Dag Wieers dag at wieers.com
Mon Feb 26 14:38:00 UTC 2007

On Mon, 26 Feb 2007, Johnny Hughes wrote:

> There is an upgraded BackupPC in the testing repository.  It is version
> 3.0.0, which was released in January.
>
> The setup differences between version 2.1.2 and this version is that
> some file directories have shifted locations:
>
> 1.  /var/lib/backuppc/conf is now instead /etc/BackupPC/
>
> 2.  /var/lib/backuppc/log is now /var/log/BackupPC

As a packager, I would seriously consider removing the mixed-case from the
directory names (and package name) and contact backuppc about this fact.

In Unix we have a tendency to not use uppercase or mixed case for a
specific reason and applications shouldn't mandate new standards or poison
existing standards, more than they already have. (/etc/X11 comes to mind)

Kind regards,