[CentOS] Problem with VSFTP

Will McDonald wmcdonald at gmail.com
Tue Feb 27 11:21:54 UTC 2007

On 27/02/07, Rajeev R Veedu <rajeev at cracknell.com> wrote:
> Mel and Will,
>
> I had tried both the option. It doesn't work either.
>
> But when we disable the anonymous access how come IE could login to pub
> folder (which is under /var/ftp/pub).

Did you restart vsftpd as root after changing anonymous_enable=NO ?
I'm guessing you didn't.

Ignore IE for the time being, get VSFTPd working as you want it to
while testing with command line FTP on the system itself, then test
remotely. i.e. disable anonymous access, restart vsftpd, ftp localhost
on the system and try to log in as the anonymous user. That should
fail, then start testing from remote systems.

Will.