[CentOS] Re: php5 rpm to be installed in parallel with php4?

Felix Schwarz Felix.Schwarz at web.de
Wed Feb 28 13:56:14 UTC 2007

Thanks for your answer.

I modified the CentOS+ RPM/spec file so that you can install PHP5 in parallel to
PHP4 (shared PHP pear with PHP4). Additionally, I added a fcgi package which
contains a FastCGI enabled PHP binary.

No extensive testing so far but the installation of Mediawiki 1.9 went smoothly.

You will probably want to disable either /etc/httpd/conf.d/php5.conf or
/etc/httpd/conf.d/php.conf because using both modules in parallel is AFAIK not
possible.

Just in case that someone is interested:
http://www.felix-schwarz.name/files/opensource/php-fcgi/5.1.6-3el4s1.5/

fs