[CentOS] chown command goof up

Mon Feb 12 20:34:42 UTC 2007
David A. Woyciesjes <david.woyciesjes at yale.edu>

	Basically, what I typed was:
chown -R user2:user2 *
chown -R user2:user2 .*
chown -R user2:user2 *.*
...all in /home. Duh. I forgot which way recursive went.
So, I then did:
chown -R root:root *
chown -R root:root .*
chown -R root:root *.*
...this time in / to try and f things. Duh again. Other items need to
have other owners & groups.

	So, how can I fix this? In MacOSX, there is a utility to fix all
permissions on the system. Is there a similar item in CentOS?

	Here's what I originally wanted to do:
Started with user1. Got everything setup just right. Then created user2.
I wanted to use all the settings, mail, etc. from user1 for user2. My
thought was to just copy everything in /home/user1 to /home/user2, then
use chown on all of the files. This is where I got myself into this
pickle...

	Any ideas?

--
--- David Woyciesjes