[CentOS] Platform independent solution to watch "Streaming Service of the Council of the European Union.

John R Pierce pierce at hogranch.com
Mon Jan 1 21:47:19 UTC 2007

Michel Daggelinckx wrote:
> Its more about europe forceing us to use closed source software.
> I also wonder if decodeing WMV on linux is legal.
> This might give the same problems as MP3 does.

Nearly all media formats contain various patented intellectual
property.  So do many streaming algorithms.   For instance, all the
various MPEG layers are full of patented IP.

Seems like the real agenda is to force the EU to use Ogg Vorbis or
something equally obscure, so that the windows/mac world has to suffer
through as much complexity as the FOSS world is used to.