[CentOS] BandWidth Monitoring

kalinix calin.kalinix.cosma at gmail.com
Thu Jan 4 19:12:36 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-01-04 at 05:12 +0000, abhishek singh wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I m using linux as a router and proxy on same machine , i want to
> monitor bandwidth usage per ipaddress , so plz suggest me the tool
> that i can use to monitor bandwidth used by which every ipaddress.
>

> thanks in advance
>

> Abhishek Kr. Singh
> System Administrator
> DSC. LTD.
> Mob.No. +91-9871563248
>
> Send free SMS to your Friends on Mobile from your Yahoo! Messenger.
> Download Now! http://messenger.yahoo.com/download.php

If you want an per ip monitoring (or even port), then ntop is your tool.
In addition you ca use RRD to provide an monitoring history. I use it
for quite some time now and it never failed me.

Cacti is also pretty neat, but only if you have an SNMP enabled host, to
capture infos from.

So my opinion: stick with ntop.

Calin