[CentOS] dumb question: Need to update my GD to include freetype support on CentOS 4.4

Dale

lists at ehome.net
Sun Jan 14 09:17:41 UTC 2007

Hello,

Sorry for what might be a dumb question. I have a CentOS 4.4 machine
with GD installed. I tend to prefer doing things via RPM to allow for
updating in a easier fashion. I have a php based app that requires
Freetype support in GD. This is a live server with many websites on it
(although none are using GD at the moment.

I am not sure the best/easiest way to get GD updated such that it has
Freetype support. I did not install X on this machine as it was not
needed. Would installing X be one of the steps I need to take?

Thanks for your suggestions.

Dale