[CentOS] Re: CentOS 4.4 on mini-itx

Mon Jan 15 17:12:25 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-01-15 at 11:49 -0500, Tom Diehl wrote:
> On Mon, 15 Jan 2007, Daniel de Kok wrote:
>
> > On Mon, January 15, 2007 2:44 am, Tom Diehl wrote:
> >> Assuming cpufreqd is part of cpuspeed then, yes it is disabled. The only
> >> thing I can find on the system that refers to cpufreq are kernel modules.
> >
> > Yeah, sorry, I always mix up cpufreqd and cpuspeed :). Are any module
> > related to clock scaling loaded?
>
> Not that I see.
>
> [root at hepa pts0 init.d]# lsmod
> Module                  Size  Used by
> md5                     4033  1
> ipv6                  234113  14
> dm_mod                 59349  0
> uhci_hcd               31065  0
> ehci_hcd               31045  0
> via_rhine              23113  0
> mii                     5057  1 via_rhine
> ext3                  116553  1
> jbd                    71385  1 ext3
> [root at hepa pts0 init.d]#

OK ... another thing to check is that you have the latest BIOS offered
by the manufacture (as there my be some updates there).

Could also be some apic/acpi detection issues (bios might fix those).

I have seen CentOS run OK on several via processor machines ... in fact,
these guys sell them with CentOS installed:

http://www.cheeplinux.com/index.php?cPath=72&osC

Thanks,
Johnny Hughes