[CentOS] centos version numbers

Melinda Odom

info at designhosting.biz
Thu Jan 18 19:24:33 UTC 2007

Hi,

I am running centos 4.2 version on my server.  The /etc/redhat-release file
lists centos 4.4 (final). In my Plesk server administration it also shows
centos 4.2.  I need to upgrade plesk and am suppose to have centos 4.3 to do
this upgrade.

In the past I have run "yum update" and the OS was always updated to the
next version but this no longer works on my server. When I try yum update or
yum upgrade there is nothing to update.

I have checked some of the files from the centos mirror site for version 4
and it seems I have the same versions on my server.
http://mirror.centos.org/centos/4/os/i386/

So would I have the most recent centos version?

Sincerely,
Melinda Odom
Design Hosting, Inc.
www.designhosting.biz