[CentOS] core 2 duo motherboards and centos 4

Fri Jan 19 19:09:30 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-01-19 at 12:36 -0500, Drew Weaver wrote:
> Well, on the other hand 2.6.18 was released over 4 months ago (1 quarter
> of a year).
>
> So I guess you can look at it either way.

This might be a shocker ... if you don't want a distro that is
compatible with RHEL ... then CentOS is not for you.

There are any number of distros out there that use the 2.6.18 kernel
(centos-5 will have that too).  I am sorry if people want the newest
kernel ... or the newest KDE ... or the newest [pick your package].

CentOS has stated goals ... and providing an enterprise distro that is
as close as legally possible to the upsteam sources is what we do.  If
that is not what one wants ... then by all means, use something else.

CentOS is not Ubuntu, it's not Gentoo ... it is what it is.

That is all ... carry on