[CentOS] Re: core 2 duo motherboards and centos 4

Peter Serwe peter at infostreet.com
Sat Jan 20 00:27:39 UTC 2007

Joshua Baker-LePain wrote:
> On Fri, 19 Jan 2007 at 2:45pm, Peter Serwe wrote
>
>> I realize why I see this mantra of try Fedora Core all the time when
>> people are requesting bleeding-edge features from a distro that
>> specifically mandates otherwise in it's stated purpose, but isn't
>> recommending a project that has announced it's shutting down kind of
>> counter-productive for everybody?  Granted, it is bleeding edge, but
>> the project's shutting down, so it seems kind of a wrong answer.
>
> ??  Fedora is *not* shutting down.  Core and Extras are merging, but
> plans for Fedora 7 continue apace.  Maybe you're thinking of Fedora
> Legacy, which did shut down, but it was trying to fill the niche that
> RHEL/Centos already fill, really.

*gasp* I sit corrected I had Legacy confused with the Fedora project in
general.

My bad.

Peter

--
Peter Serwe <peter at infostreet dot com>

http://www.infostreet.com

"The only true sports are bullfighting, mountain climbing and auto racing." -Earnest Hemingway

"Because everything else requires only one ball." -Unknown

"Do you wanna go fast or suck?" -Mike Kojima

"There are two things no man will admit he cannot do well: drive and make love." -Sir Stirling Moss