[CentOS] Re: NFS 64-bit client crash with 32-bit server

bigendian at gmail.com bigendian at gmail.com
Sat Jan 20 16:23:27 UTC 2007

I seem to have found the problem.  My client machines that were crashing
each had 32GB RAM.  During some previous testing, I had set a kernel
parameter (mem=4096) to limit the amount of system memory in my
grub.conffile and had forgotten about it.  It appears that having this
set somehow
triggers the system crashes when writing large files via NFS.

Is this a bug, or does anyone know if this behavior should have been
expected?

Thanks,
Tom