[CentOS] PostgreSQL 8.2?

Tue Jan 23 12:07:53 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-01-22 at 13:08 -0800, Benjamin Smith wrote:
> I've been using RPMs for PG 8.1 from CentosPlus for some time now. I've been
> very happy with them, and they've been wonderfully stable.
>
> http://mirror.centos.org/centos/4/centosplus/x86_64/RPMS/
>
> But now 8.2 is out. Are there any plans to support PG 8.2 in CentosPlus, or
> should I go ahead with RPMS directly from PG?
>
> http://www.postgresql.org/ftp/binary/v8.2.1/linux/rpms/redhat/rhel-as-4-x86_64/
>
> Thanks,
>
> -Ben

I do not see the CentOSPlus repo for CentOS-4 going any higher than the
version released in CentOS-5 (for any packages).

Maybe once CentOS-5 is stable and we start building CentOSPlus stuff for
that, we will build for both, thus bumping the CentOS-4 stuff a little
higher.

Currently, the version in C5 beta 2 (we are still building) is
postgresql-8.1.4-1.1 ... so unless that is bumped upstream, i do not see
us using a newer pgsql in CentOS-4 CentOSPlus.

Thanks,
Johnny Hughes