[CentOS] Thunderbird package chrome icon

Paul Kopacz

pkopacz at registrar.uoguelph.ca
Tue Jan 23 15:23:25 UTC 2007

Hello,

Since starting to use the Thunderbird package provided through the
CentOS yum repos (currently using thunderbird-1.5.0.9-0.1.el4.centos4),
my co-worker and I have noticed that we no longer have a Thunderbird
icon in the title bar of any of the Thunderbird application windows.  I
was able to fix this by creating the directory
/usr/lib/thunderbird-1.5.0.9/chrome/icons/default/ and copying into it
the (attached) file default.xpm.  The binary download bundle from the
mozilla.org site includes that file (and several others under the
chrome/icons directory) while the package from the CentOS repos does
not.  Is there something that I'm missing?

Please note that I am not talking about the desktop integration (i.e.
the thunderbird.desktop file and the thunderbird.png file in the
/usr/share/pixmaps directory).  That part works fine.

Thanks very much,

Paul Kopacz