[CentOS] Re: System hangs at "Rebooting System" on VIA KM400 chipsets (SOLVED)

nethub at gmail.com nethub at gmail.com
Wed Jan 24 11:21:46 UTC 2007

toracat wrote:
> I am having exactly the same problem. It is probably a similar
> motherboard (DFI, but cannot check right now). I recently converted
> this box from FC4 to CentOS4.4. If I am not mistaken, it did not have
> the shutdown issue when FC4 was running.
> Akemi

We appear to have solved the issue by pulling down the latest version of
the kernel from the CentOS testing/development site.

wget
http://dev.centos.org/centos/4/testing/i386/RPMS/kernel-2.6.9-42.37.EL.c4test.i686.rpm
rpm -ivh --nodeps kernel-2.6.9-42.37.EL.c4test.i686.rpm
reboot

I was able to reboot the test system six times with no problem so far.
I will report back if anything changes.

Thanks.