[CentOS] PHP question on CentOS

Jim Perrin jperrin at gmail.com
Tue Jul 3 01:16:13 UTC 2007

On 7/2/07, Rogelio Bastardo <scubacuda at gmail.com> wrote:

> # chown nagios.www /usr/local/nagios/var/rw/nagios.cmd

Replace www with apache, and the /usr/local/foo with path to nagios.cmd

> # chmod 660 /usr/local/nagios/var/rw/nagios.cmd
>
> I do a "locate nagios.cmd", and it turns up nothing.  I wasn't sure if the
> /var/ part of the path meant that it had to do something with the fact that
> my html files are in /var/www/html.

This part depends on how you have nagios set up. The nagios.cmd file
doesn't get created until nagios is actually running. It's the file
which houses commands issued from the web front-end to nagios.

Given the last few emails it sounds like you're not overly familiar
with linux. Adding nagios to that, and you're very truly jumping in at
the deep end. If you survive this trial by fire you've chosen for
yourself, you'll come out quite linux literate... or quite insane...
Best of luck to you

:-P

George Orwell