[CentOS] dumb sendmail question -- how to get outbound messages to use "example.com" instead of hostname?

Richard Chapman rchapman at aardvark.com.au
Tue Jul 3 01:16:15 UTC 2007

Hi Jeff

I am wrestling with the same problem. However I set the masquerading -
it just wont do it. My theory is that the user "root" is a "trusted
user" and is allowed to override outgoing email addresses. I think this
is overriding the masquerading. I suspect that the masquerading will
work for non-trusted users. Also - if I change roots "from addresss" to
eliminate the "host" then both the from " and "envelope sender" are sent
without the host. Let me know if you find a better solution.

Richard.