[CentOS] CentOS 5 LiveCD

Wed Jul 4 12:27:22 UTC 2007

Vasily Tarasov wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>
> Is there any information about CentOS5 LiveCD?
>
> The only information I found is
> http://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos/2007-June/082159.html

We have a live CD, but it does not have a writeable /usr dir.

This means that it is very limited in scope.  (You can not upgrade OR
install packages when the live CD is booted, etc.)

We are working on a much more robust version (based on the Fedora LiveCD
project), but we haven't yet completed this version.

We could make the current version available as a recover CD or a test CD
... but it probably can not be used for more than that.

Thanks,
Johnny Hughes