[CentOS] bind issue on centos 5

Indunil Jayasooriya indunil75 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 5 10:26:38 UTC 2007

Hi,

Thanks.

> > Is something wrong witn below line.
> >                 IN      NS      gateway.example77.com
>
> You don't want the 'IN' - the zone files should start something like
> this:
>
> $TTL 3D
> @       IN      SOA     magpie.stevesearle.com. steve.stevesearle.com. (
>                         200604011       ; Serial
>                         8H              ; Refresh
>                         2H              ; Retry
>                         4W              ; Expire
>                         1D)             ; Minimum TTL
>                 NS      magpie.stevesearle.com.
> 2               PTR     magpie.stevesearle.com.

    I removed 'IN'.  Pls see below.

[root at gateway master]# cat example77.com.zone
$TTL    86400
@       IN      SOA     gateway.example77.com. root.example77.com. (
                        2006101604 ; Serial
                        1800       ; Refresh
                        300        ; Retry
                        360000     ; Expire
                        86400 )    ; Minimum

                NS      gateway.example77.com.

                MX      10      gateway.example77.com.
                MX      20      mail.example77.com.

                A       192.168.0.3

gateway     A       192.168.0.3
mail            A       192.168.0.2

See http://www.stevesearle.com/tech/centos5.0.svr.html#bind for more
> details.
>
> Steve
>
> --
>
> Play Champions - my free football predictions game at:
>         http://www.stevesearle.com/champs/about.html
>
> 11:01:28 up 9 days, 14:41,  3 users,  load average: 0.08, 0.12, 0.10

Thank you
Indunil Jayasooriya