[CentOS] Simple Question about Resolving Names without suffix with bind

Gregory P. Ennis PoMec at PoMec.Net
Sun Jul 8 03:24:48 UTC 2007

On Sat, 2007-07-07 at 12:58 +0800, Wei Yu wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am trying to use Bind as named. And I have successfully set up a
> chrooted bind.
>
> Anyway, I cannot have it resolve "www" directly.
>
> For example, when I am using nslookup, when enter www.example.com, it
> will resolve. But when enter www, it will not.
> I want to have www resolve to www.example.com, what should I do? I
> have already set $ORIGIN in the zone file, but it does not work.
>
> Thanks.

If you have created a zone file for example.com
in /var/named/chroot/var/named/example.zone

All you need to do is to add the entry below to your zone file

This is what I did anyway, and it is working great!!

Greg