[CentOS] yum download with erros pertaining libpurple

Gregory P. Ennis PoMec at PoMec.Net
Mon Jul 9 17:05:47 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-07-09 at 12:37 -0400, Jim Perrin wrote:
> On 7/9/07, Gregory P. Ennis <PoMec at pomec.net> wrote:
>
> > If I try to do a yum -y install I get :
> > Error: Missing Dependency: libmeanwhile.so.1 is needed by package
> > libpurple
>
> If you look, you're pulling meanwhile from the rpmforge repo, and the
> other stuff from the base/updates repos for centos.
>
> > This causes me to think that their may be a dependency problem in the
> > repositories for x86_64 operating systems.
>
> Nope. Mostly you're pulling different versions from different repositories.
>
> > Does this sound reasonable or are their other things I might need to do
> > on my end?
>
> you might try excluding the package from one of the repositories.

Thanks for your help... and thanks to Karanbir Singh as well.

After I did a "yum clean all"  I followed it with a yum --obsoletes
update and continued to receive the same error of not finding
libmeanwhile.

I removed the rpmforge depo and performed another yum clean all followed
by yum -y update and everything downloaded without error.

Have others had difficulty with rpmforge?  Is there a way within yum to
keep it active, but to give it a priority as secondary to the normal
CentOS repositories?

Thanks again for your help!!!!

Greg