[CentOS] RPM Build Question

Clint Dilks

clintd at scms.waikato.ac.nz
Wed Jul 11 22:40:21 UTC 2007

Hi People,

I have just started building my own RPMS on both Fedora and CentOS and
generally things have gone well.  Currently I am trying to create RPMS
for some commercial software that we have purchased.

Step 1 was install the software using its JAVA Based installer
 ensuring that all files were installed into a particular directory in
/usr/local.

Step 2 was create a tar file of the resulting files

Step 3 Turn this tar file into an RPM using the following spec file
Name:          mathematica
Version:        6.0
Release:        1%{?dist}
Source0:        mathematica.tar.bz2
BuildRoot:
%{_tmppath}/%{name}-%{version}-%{release}-root-%(%{__id_u} -n)
AutoReqProv:    no

#BuildRequires:
#Requires:

%description
Long recognized as the world's most powerful mathematical software system

#%prep

#%build

%install
rm -rf $RPM_BUILD_ROOT
mkdir -p $RPM_BUILD_ROOT
cd $RPM_BUILD_ROOT
tar xvjf $RPM_SOURCE_DIR/mathematica.tar.bz2

%clean
rm -rf $RPM_BUILD_ROOT

%files
/usr/local/

%defattr(-,root,root,-)
%doc

%changelog
* Wed Jul 11 2007 SCMS, Waikato University
Initial RPM release - Clint Dilks

When testing the install phase I use the following command
QA_RPATHS=$[ 0x0002 ] rpmbuild -bi mathematica.spec

This completes but this message is displayed prelink:
/var/tmp/mathematica-6.0-1fc6-root-{user}-/usr/local/Wolfram/Mathematica/6.0/SystemFiles/Libraries/Linux/libPHANToMIO.so.4:
at least one of file's dependencies has changed since prelinking

If I ignore this and build the RPM completely using rpmbuild -ba
mathematica.spec an RPM is created but when I try and install this it
fails because the MD5 Sum of the file mentioned above is not correct.

Anyone have any idea how to stop the prelink change that is causing the
problem
?

I assume its a directive similiar to %define __os_install_post %{nil}
but I'm unsure exactly what I should be turning off.

Thanks
Clint