[CentOS] Announcement Project based on CentOS 4.4

Lukasz seem at gazeta.pl
Thu Jul 12 19:14:21 UTC 2007

Uz.ytkownik Tronn Wærdahl napisa?:
> Personally i dont like YUM, I prefer apt-get, the package you dont wanna
> update is openldap, espesially the server, you could easyly configre
> apt, to
> ignore those packages

you can define it in /etc/yum.conf; add an exclude line, such as:

exclude=*firefox*,*thunderbird*,*scribus*,*eclipse*,*zope*,*plone*,*blender*

yum will "start" little slower, but it works

> There is allso a script included to make your own apt repository

for yum this is createrepo; simply copy packages to any
directory and run

createrepo /this/dir/

then you have to add new repo in /etc/yum.repos.d/, but it
should be very similar (except path of course) to others; if
you don's use pgp to sign your packages, the line

pgpcheck=0

will help, because for default yum doesn't install packages
which it can't verify

--
Opole - Miasto Bez Granic.
http://www.opole.pl - tu znajdziesz nowe miejsca, nowe mo¿liwo¶ci, nowe inspiracje...