[CentOS] Centos 5 yum update needs gpg key import

Scott Ehrlich scott at MIT.EDU
Thu Jul 12 20:27:49 UTC 2007

On Thu, 12 Jul 2007, Johnny Hughes wrote:

> Before we take this any further ... was the key you imported to a
> repository other than an official CentOS one. (for example, RPMForge,
> ATRPMS, etc.).

The install was from DVD, default packages (I planned to use yum for
updates, etc).   No other repos added.  Straight out of the box.

> The default CentOS-Base.repo has this line in it:
>
> gpgkey=http://mirror.centos.org/centos/RPM-GPG-KEY-CentOS-5

Mine shows it, too.

> All packages in the official repos should be signed with that key ... if
> you only have the CentOS Default repos enabled, you should not have been
> able to install a package that needed updating without yum asking you if
> you wanted to install that key.
>
> If you had to add the CentOS-5 key ... then something is not setup in
> the default way.

So, what is the verdict thus far?

Scott