[CentOS] Migrating from ancient Fedora (was Fedora Core 5 EOL on 2007-06-29)

Kenneth Porter

shiva at sewingwitch.com
Fri Jul 13 22:55:44 UTC 2007

On Wednesday, June 27, 2007 9:02 PM -0700 Akemi Yagi <amyagi at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Ahem, I know this is a CentOS mailing list.  BUT, as more and more
> people migrate from FC to CentOS, I thought placing this reminder here
> was worthwhile.  [I am still running *cough* FC5 on my own desktop, so
> I am also running out of time]

For those of us migrating from ancient versions of Fedora, what gotchas
might one expect?

I'm working on migrating from a pre-SELinux Fedora, and SELinux has been
the biggest headache so far. I'm also expecting to migrate Dovecot from
0.99 to 1.0, and there's a page on the Dovecot wiki about that. I've seen
the recent list traffic about BIND's lack of default config, so I'm
expecting that, and it's not a problem.

My plan is to install CentOS to a new box, and migrate services one by one
as needed.