[CentOS] Announcement Project based on CentOS 4.4

Trey Sizemore trey at fastmail.fm
Sat Jul 14 14:26:37 UTC 2007

On Thu, 12 Jul 2007 14:58:05 +0200
"Tronn Wærdahl" <tronnw at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 7/12/07, Robert Moskowitz <rgm at htt-consult.com> wrote:
> >

> > Tronn Wærdahl wrote:
> > > I put together a CD with Open-exchange 0.8.6-5 and more, based on
> > > Centos 4.4
> > >
> > > When installing the CD, all required software is installed, all
> > > that is needed after Os install is to run a config script, that
> > > make if fit your enviroment
> > >
> > > Dependig on the speed on your CDrom the installation should take
> > > no more than 30 minutts
> > >
> > > It install the following:
> > >
> > >     * Open-Exchange 0.8.6-5
> > >     * Samba PDC
> > >
> > Wow, I would be interested in this just for the Samba PDC portion!
> > But will wait for you to have it on Centos 5...
> > >
> > >     * A PDF printer
> > >     * Wildfire, a jabber server (for chating )
> > >     * Avaadm
> > >     * Jetti, (jabber webclient)
> > >     * Squid
> > >     * Nameserver ( needed when join machins to domain)
> > >     * Smartsive and websive
> > >     * Antivirus
> > >     * Syncml ( but i havent got it to work with any of my
> > > clients )
> > >

> > > Since it could be so difficult to install, I put this together
> > > CD, and I guess allso others would have some use for it
> > >
> > > Its aviliable for download here http://ntx.waerdahl.net
> > > <http://ntx.waerdahl.net>
> > >
> > > Tronn
> > >

> Hi
>
> For the moment its only avilible for CentOS 4.4, as for now I dont
> have any plan for jumping to CentOS 5. Im currently working on other
> projects based on 4.4 Of course if CentOS 5 is what the community
> wants, then I will consider that
>

> Tronn

Thanks for the work on this and yes, I'd like to see it for CentOS 5!

--
Cheers,
Trey

"I don't like spinach, and I'm glad I don't, because if I liked it I'd
eat it, and I just hate it."
		-- Clarence Darrow

Linux salamander 2.6.18.8-0.3-default x86_64 GNU/Linux
 10:25am  up 12 days 23:14,  6 users,  load average: 0.27, 0.28, 0.23