[CentOS] upgrade my open ssl

William Warren hescominsoon at emmanuelcomputerconsulting.com
Sun Jul 15 21:48:20 UTC 2007

unless there is a certain feature you have to have the version number is
nothing to worry about.  RHEL(Centos) has all of the security and bugfix
patches form the latest vanilla version backported to the one you're seeing.

mailadmin at baladia.gov.kw wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> I have centos 4.5 final and when i installed it there is a openssl version
>  openssl-0.9.7a-43.16 ..
>
> i need to upgrade it to openssl 0.9.8 ..
> also when i try to uninstall it it gives me a failed dependency errror
>
> actually i did a nodeps and uninstalled openssl ver 0.9.8 but when my
> sendmail was restatered compalined saying libssl.so.4 missing or error
>
> actually i found that thaere was libssl.so.6 in /lib directory.
>
> if i say yum update openssl or yum install openssl it searches the
> repositories and says nothin to do.
>
> How can i upgrade my openssl...
>
> apprecite if u can guide me
>

> thnks and regards
>

> simon

My "Foundation" verse:
Isa 54:17  No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and
every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt
condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their
righteousness is of me, saith the LORD.

-- carpe ductum -- "Grab the tape"
CDTT (Certified Duct Tape Technician)

Linux user #322099