[CentOS] XFS module

Andreas Micklei andreas.micklei at ivistar.de
Wed Jul 18 11:50:11 UTC 2007

Am Mittwoch, 18. Juli 2007 schrieb Peter Kjellstrom:
> On Tuesday 17 July 2007, Alex Palenschat wrote:
> > > It's this guy?
> > >
> > > kmod-xfs-0.4-1.el4.2.6.9_55.0.2.EL.x86_64.rpm
> >
> > If this is the replacement (I'm searching list archives but can't seem
> > to find any reference) then how do I load it. I have the yum priorities
> > plugin and it still tries to load the plus kernel (which I'm not using).
>
> Just a clarification, the above kmod-xfs is for the normal kernel, not the
> plus one. The centosplus kernel is not needed for xfs to work but xfsprogs
> and kmod-xfs from the centosplus repo are.

For the sake of completeness: There is of course also a kmod-xfs for the
centosplus kernel, in case you are running one. Obviously it's the one with
the "plus" in it's name. Works absolutely well, just as the module for the
standard kernel.

regards,
Andreas Micklei

--
Andreas Micklei
IVISTAR Kommunikationssysteme AG

Handelsregister: Berlin Charlottenburg HRB 75173
Umsatzsteuer-ID: DE207795030
Vorstand: Dr.-Ing. Dirk Elias
Aufsichtsratsvorsitz: Dipl.-Betriebsw. Frank Bindel