[CentOS] XFS module

Johnny Hughes johnny at centos.org
Wed Jul 18 15:32:37 UTC 2007

Steve Rigler wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-07-18 at 13:50 +0200, Andreas Micklei wrote:
>> For the sake of completeness: There is of course also a kmod-xfs for the
>> centosplus kernel, in case you are running one. Obviously it's the one with
>> the "plus" in it's name. Works absolutely well, just as the module for the
>> standard kernel.
>>
>> regards,
>> Andreas Micklei
>
> On a related note, what's changed (other than the package name) with the
> new XFS module?  Is this a newer version?  Is it considered safe on
> 32bit kernels?

None of the XFS modules are 100% safe on 4K stacks.

The code that builds the modules are the same, so the modules are the
same.  It is just wrapped differently in the spec file.

The reason for the shift to kmod is simply because of maintaining code
for CentOS-4 and CentOS-5 ... and upstream has rolled in kmod into el5.
 We want to be consistent and share spec files across distros where
possible.  But the .ko is the same.

That is also the reason for kmod for DRBD modules as well.

Thanks,
Johnny Hughes