[CentOS] openldap migration script fails...

joseph tacuyan joseph.mailboxlist at gmail.com
Fri Jul 20 02:05:12 UTC 2007

On 7/20/07, Steve Strong <strong at crwash.org> wrote:

> good advise.  i've got just two questions:
>
>   1. since it's just being used for authentication, could I just
>      migrate passwd, shadow and group?

Yes, and the configure your client via authconfig.

  2. would the command be: slapadd < myfile.ldif?

No, the easiest and most not prone to error is run the migrate scripts on
/usr/share/openldap/migrate.
Doc's regarding this is on Centos Ref/Sys Manual w/c is accessible via
centos.org

thanks a lot!
> steve

hth,