[CentOS] CentOS 5 Live USB

Johnny Hughes johnny at centos.org
Tue Jul 24 14:30:07 UTC 2007

Jeroen van Meeuwen wrote:
> Mark Rose wrote:
>> I took a stab at making a bootable CentOS 5 Live USB pendrive and I
>> ended up with a kernel panic.  I was able to do this with a live CD of
>> CentOS 4, but it seems the same procedure does not work for the new
>> version.
>>
>> Has anyone been able to accomplish this?  Any and all thoughts are
>> apprecicated!
>>
>> Mark
>
> I'd love to hear what you did to get CentOS on the USB thumb drive so
> that I can compare it to what I think we can accomplish with CentOS 5,
> as we are currently working on getting USB thumb drive installs to *just
> work* from Revisor.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Jeroen van Meeuwen
> -kanarip

You guys will probably want to wait for the next live CD ...  based on
the FC7 Live CD project.

We hope to have that on in a couple months and we hope for it to be
easily installable on a thumb drive and even installable via the Live CD.

You might find some pointers here if you can't wait, as it is what the
Live CD is based on:

http://os.cqu.edu.au/adios/adk.html

Thanks,
Johnny Hughes