[CentOS] Re: setroubleshoot w/o X?

Tom Diehl tdiehl at rogueind.com
Fri Jul 27 18:04:02 UTC 2007

On Fri, 27 Jul 2007, drew einhorn wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I recently discovered setroubleshoot, a wonderful tool that helps
> diagnose and resolve selinux problems, even if you really do not
> understand selinux.  I need to read up on selinux and get to where
> I understand it much better.
>
> I'm wondering if there is a text only version of setroubleshoot that
> runs on a minimal server configuration without X installed?

Not that I am aware of but there is sealert -l in C5. Avc messages show
up in the logs like the following:

Jul 27 13:04:23 calamari setroubleshoot:      SELinux is preventing samba
(/usr/sbin/smbd) "search" to bin (bin_t).      For complete SELinux messages.
run sealert -l ca16f5d1-dd8a-4c9f-a535-1ff823c14583

The sealert thing displays information similar to setroubleshootd.

Hope this helps,

Tom Diehl		tdiehl at rogueind.com		Spamtrap address mtd123 at rogueind.com