[CentOS] CentOS 3.9's up2date missing sources???

Tru Huynh tru at centos.org
Sun Jul 29 21:37:32 UTC 2007

On Sat, Jul 28, 2007 at 07:16:00PM -0400, Lawrence Houston wrote:
> CentOS3.9 Users:
>
> After applying all Updates to Upgrade from CentOS 3.8 CentOS 3.9 I find
> up2date no longer works "correctly" (or shall I say NOT as before)...
> Missing is the "sources" File!!!  Is this how V 4.5.5-7 is supposed to be
> or is the "sources" File omission an "error"???

My bad, sorry.

The current up2date version is missing:
- a definition for newly installed up2date
- a config(noreplace) tag for /etc/sysconfig/rhn/sources

I am pushing now a corrected version on the mirror.
i386:
up2date-gnome-4.5.5-7.centos.2.i386.rpm
up2date-4.5.5-7.centos.2.i386.rpm
x86_64:
up2date-gnome-4.5.5-7.centos.2.x86_64.rpm
up2date-4.5.5-7.centos.2.x86_64.rpm

howto fix:
----------
If it's update from 3.8, you should have a /etc/sysconfig/rhn/sources.rpmsave
file just copy it to /etc/sysconfig/rhn/sources to fix up2date.  Or use yum
instead of up2date ;).

If up2date is broken due to the missing sources file, you can still use yum
to update up2date:
# yum update up2date

Last resort, I have attached the default /etc/sysconfig/rhn/sources, just
copy it there.

Once again, sorry for the error, and thanks for reporting it. :)

Tru
--
Tru Huynh (CentOS-3 i386/x86_64 Package Maintenance)