[CentOS] Re: Mixing RPMforge and EPEL (Was: EPEL repo)

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Mon Jul 30 19:08:33 UTC 2007

On Mon, Jul 30, 2007 at 11:21:10AM -0500, Les Mikesell wrote:
> >ATM we'll just live and let live, and there will not be any one-side
> >effort to rectify any compatibility issues EPEL created. It's their
> >mess, they'll have to clean it up.
>
> Live and let die, you mean - at least as far as the users are concerned.

Nah, while I was a James Bond fan in my early youth, I'm not a fan of
repo wars. "Let live" was all right, there will not be a war, but
neither any one-sided fixing army on this.

>   I don't think this issue has any solution other than separate
> namespaces.

Looking at your requests on this you should realize that repotags are
what you are really asking for the minimum level, which is what epel
nuked to ashes. So the discussion should probably move away from this
list to the epel list. And since it's a dead topic there as well you
will not really get very far.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net