[CentOS] Re: Mixing RPMforge and EPEL (Was: EPEL repo)

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Mon Jul 30 21:10:36 UTC 2007

On Mon, Jul 30, 2007 at 03:43:31PM -0500, Rex Dieter wrote:
> Johnny Hughes wrote:
>
> > Rex Dieter wrote:
> >> It's quite a stetch from "no repotags" to
> >> conclude "EPEL has no interest" in compatibility.
>
> >> In fact, epel (and fedora) repo is, by design and policy, supposed to be
> >> compatible and considerate of other repos, e.g. most notably,
> >> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/RepositoryCollaboration
> >> (among other project policy documents).
>
> >> When I posted the aforementioned repository collaboration document to the
> >> rpmforge list(s) for comment, it received none.
>
> > There is talk about cooperation and collaboration, however whenever Axel
> > or Dag made any kind of suggestions on the EPEL list, they were not
> > given very much "real" consideration.
>
> Only wrt to repotags.  Don't remember any serious/significant discussions
> outside of that since.  Am I missing something?

Lots of things, there was even a face-to-face meeting at LT07. Where
it was revealed that it was spot's fault that repotags were killed
(but I guess that's just the non-present scape-goat methology)

> So, is rpmforge interested in collaboration or not?  Does the
> RepositoryCollaboration sound like a reasonable starting place?

The orginal one, yes, the current one which even lacks the presence of
EPEL no.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net