[CentOS] xen - 4 concurrent virtual DomU limitation - how to increae this? (centos 5 x86_64)

Johnny Tan jtan at limewire.com
Fri Jun 1 19:49:45 UTC 2007

Urs Rau wrote:
> Is there a switch or config setting somewhere that would allow me to
> start up more than the default 4 xen DomU instances?
>
> I am finding that the CentOS 5 (x86_64) installation only allows me to
> start up 4 virtual machines at a time. (It is definetly not a lack of
> cpu resources, memory or disk space.)

According to this page:
http://www.howtoforge.com/perfect_setup_xen3_debian_p5

You need to add max_loop=N (where N is the number of virtual
machines you want x 2) to your module line in grub.conf

But, oddly, I'm using CentOS-5 x86_64, and I have dom0 plus
five virtual machines running, and I did not change any
setting, config file, and I don't have max_loop in my
grub.conf -- it's just a default install & setup.

johnn