[CentOS] CentOS 4.5 FTP install
Daniel de Kok
danieldk at pobox.com
Tue Jun 5 21:32:11 UTC 2007
On Tue, 2007-06-05 at 23:16 +0200, Ralph Angenendt wrote:
> Akemi Yagi wrote:
> > Next, I went ahead and copied stage2.img to product.img and tried
> > again. The installation successfully continued. I am now watching
> > the server log and see ftp download of rpm files happily taking
> > place...
> > I must conclude that there is a glitch in the installer of CentOS4.5 CD#1.
> Can you file that on bugs.centos.org, please? Thank you.
Additional datapoints (I'll add this to the/a bug report):
- The relevant Anaconda is probably:
2006-11-10 Dave Lehman <dlehman at redhat.com>
improve handling of local (cdrom) stage2 with URL installs
grab product.img from the URL instead of hdlist and verify that
stamp matches the initrd's
add systemMounted, systemUnmounted, filesDone methods to handle
stage2 image so the cdrom can be ejected at the end of
- As Akemi indicated, adding storage.img to the FTP server is a
workaround for this problem.
- Even with product info in place, there seem to be to two errors in
* The CD should be checked, rather than the FTP site (at least
according to the comments)
* There code path should be altered so that it doesn't loop on
CD detection if it cannot be mounted.
More information about the CentOS