[CentOS] CentOS Based Linux Firewall Document

Lorenzo Martínez Rodríguez Lawwait at yahoo.es
Wed Jun 6 23:28:53 UTC 2007

What is all this mess?.... I have requested him his document and he has
no problem to send it to me.

I understand the document belongs to him and he let us to read it. Where
is the problem? The document size is near 15 MB and I think that it is
not a good idea to send it by mail to the list directly (simply because
a lot of people will not mind about it and they would have to download
15 MB).

If he likes to make a PDF in which people cannot write, it is his
problem. It is not allowing you to write on them, just giving you the
chance to read it. If you like his way, go ahead, if you doesn't bad
luck. His rules are the rules...

I don't think he had problems to receive suggestions about the document
structure, contents or even his way of harden firewalls, but they are
just advices or suggestions, and if he think your ideas are right he
will care about them. (For example I think that installing X Windows in
a machine that will be used for firewall purposes is not good, I just
had a look on his document, but if he thinks he is OK, what can I do?)

I guess that people that share their documents or resources are always
welcome, and we don't have to ficht with them about the way they go.

Peace,

--

Lorenzo Martínez Rodríguez
Consultor de seguridad informática