[CentOS] CentOS Based Linux Firewall Document

John bowden j-alan at btconnect.com
Thu Jun 7 23:28:00 UTC 2007

On Thursday 07 June 2007 15:50:06 Ashton, Jeremy - Workstream Inc. wrote:
> Karanbir,
>
> At least Frank took the initiative to write a document.  Yes, there will
> be mistakes in it.  No, it will not include all the information under
> the sun.  Perhaps there are better documents or book available out
> there.  But, at least he took the initiative to do his own work.
>
> Once again I am reminded how immature the community can be at times.
> Can we not all get along and drop these childish antics and retorts?

If this is typical behaviour of the list I don't think I will bother
installing it this weekend.
I have been a Linux user for about three years now. I still consider myself a
newbie but jump in and give what answers I can when I can. I was under the
impression Linux was a free operating system. Free to use and free to change
to the way I want. It seems that in Franks case its not free for him to
choose how he distributes a how to that he has invested his time and effort
in producing.
In his posting he stated that he had had problems with wiki's in the past
though he had not used the CentOS wiki. So lets cut the chap some slack.
I for one would like to say thanks Frank for giving some time and effort back
to the community.
--
Guy Fawkes, the only man to enter the house's of parliment
with honest intentions, (he was going to blow them up!)