[CentOS] Re: kernel-smp not upgrading

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Tue Jun 12 16:48:49 UTC 2007

Ugo Bellavance spake the following on 6/11/2007 9:44 PM:
> Hi,
>
>     Box is a dual-dual core opteron.  Centos4.  Just upgraded t the
> latest kernel (2.6.9-55).
>
>     The UP kernel installed fine, but the smp kernel didn't install.
> What should I do?  Is that normal? Original kernel was a smp.
>
> Regards,
>
> Ugo
I had that problem when the updates came out on one of my servers. Manually
installing the kernel again seemed to fix it. It actually started the install,
and the rpm database said it was installed, but the kernel file and the initrd
weren't anywhere to be found. But the rest of the kernel related files were
there in boot.
--

MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and