Crazy - Re: [CentOS] Centos 5, X dies, I cry

Thu Jun 14 15:20:33 UTC 2007

>Message: 11
>Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2007 12:34:13 -0400
>From: "Robert Moskowitz" <rgm at htt-consult.com>

<snip>
< I tried to change it and although I am told the update to
<xorg.conf was made, no changes were made.  I guess next time I will
<log in as root instead of chancing su...

In my brief fling with FC6, I had problems with that file not getting
updated. Someone here posted about this problem and someone else here
suggested using system-config-display  --reconfig
as I recall, to generate a new file.

Not a good idea to log in as root! Best to use su - from a terminal
window and exit from root ASAP.