[CentOS] Firefox and Thunderbird 2.0, Centos 5, and rpms

Jim Perrin jperrin at gmail.com
Thu Jun 14 23:43:16 UTC 2007

On 6/14/07, Robert Moskowitz <rgm at htt-consult.com> wrote:
> So I am looking at Firefox and Thunderbird 2.0.
> Should I install them?  Or is Redhat correct that there is nothing
> improved here and wait for 3.0?  (well I have not even had a chance to
> look at Thunderbird 2.0, that is new)?

Actually, Firefox 2.x irritates the crap out of me with the newer
search option. Instead of /foo to search a page for foo and having the
option to find it again, you now have to hit ctrl+f, windows style for
searching. the /foo still works, but times out quickly and doesn't
give you the option to move to the next found location.

I'd say sit tight for a while on the RH version unless there's a
feature/plugin you REALLY need/want.

George Orwell