[CentOS] installed centos date & time

Scott Ehrlich scott at MIT.EDU
Fri Jun 15 14:26:46 UTC 2007

On Fri, 15 Jun 2007, Jim Perrin wrote:

> On 6/15/07, Hiep Nguyen <hiep at ee.ucr.edu> wrote:
>> hi list, is there a command to find out the date & time that centos
>> installed?
>
> rpm -qa --last | tail -n 1
>
> This will give you the first package installed and the time it was
> installed, which should be the date the system was stood up.

The options for my 4.4 install listed the package, but no date/time stamp.

rpm -qi centos-release showed dates well beyond when I knew I installed
the system.

I performed a check of /boot and discovered memtest86+-1.70 with a date
most likely when the system truly installed.

I'm looking forward to other responses.  A good question!

Scott