[CentOS] re: installed centos date & time

Scott R Ehrlich scott at MIT.EDU
Fri Jun 15 16:32:34 UTC 2007

Quoting "James B. Byrne" <byrnejb at harte-lyne.ca>:

> Message: 36
> Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2007 04:55:03 -0700 (PDT)
> From: Hiep Nguyen <hiep at ee.ucr.edu>
> Subject: [CentOS] installed centos date & time
> To: centos at centos.org
>
>> hi list, is there a command to find out the date & time that centos
>> installed?
>>
>> thanks
>> T. Hiep
>
> # ll /root/install.log will give you this information.

I have tried all methods mentioned thus far, and most (for my 4.4 install)
haven't produced a date/time *I* recall building my system.

The best I've come up with thus far is ls -l /boot

That partition contains memtest86 which has a date indicative of when I
may have
actually done the install.   Next to that would be various .b files
also within
/boot, such as boot, chain, and os2_d, that would have next most likely date.

Scott