[CentOS] Re: Madwifi just seems to work in Centos 5

Jay Leafey jay.leafey at mindless.com
Mon Jun 18 16:06:20 UTC 2007

The madwifi package from RPMForge contains all the needed bits for the
Atheros chipsets.  Into the bargain it uses the DKMS stuff to rebuild
the modules when you install a new kernel, too, so no scrambling to
install a new package to get your WiFi back.

I'm using a similar setup, but trying NetworkManager to handle the heavy
lifting, with excellent results.  The laptop I'm using pretty much
worked with no issues with a 3Com 3CRPAG175 and a Zyxel card, both
Atheros-based.  I've used it with no problems on AEP and WPA/WPA2
wireless LANs successfully.  It was a pleasant surprise!

--
Jay Leafey - Memphis, TN
jay.leafey at mindless.com