[CentOS] Re: Upgrade of dovecot broke imap (CentOS 4.5)

Joe Klemmer klemmerj at webtrek.com
Mon Jun 18 17:02:07 UTC 2007

On Mon, 18 Jun 2007, Axel Thimm wrote:

>> $ rpm  -q dovecot
>> dovecot-1.0.1-1_57.el4
>
> That's an ATrpms version (living in atrpms-testing).

 	Hmm, I don't have the atrpms-testing repo enabled.

>> 	I was thinking of dropping back to an earlier version to see if
>> that makes a difference.
>
> Personally I would recommend fixing the above, as the dovecot version as
> shipped by the upstream vendor (0.99.11 from 2004) is not maintained by
> the author anymore. See
>
> 	      http://wiki.dovecot.org/UpgradingDovecot

 	I know, I've already run into the issue of needing to fix/clear
out the index bug.

> for details. If you were using the default config nothing really affects
> you, but since you have troubles there must be something changed. Also
> check with rpm -V dovecot whether the config files are changed and
> whether you have *.rpmnew files instead.

 	No config changes were made, just 'yum update'.  No *.rpmnew files
that I can find.  Running rpm -V gives -

$ rpm -V dovecot
......... c /etc/dovecot.conf

I have done a service restart for it just to make sure nothing was hung or
something.

 	Have I mentioned recently how much I hate computers?  :-P

See my blog, sumo game ranks and other (semi)interesting junk