[CentOS] network raid file system/server

James Fidell james at cloud9.co.uk
Tue Jun 19 10:11:21 UTC 2007

Feizhou wrote:

> In this scenario, iscsi provides the devices remotely and the server
> handles the raiding of the devices.
>
>> can you explain it a bit more detailed?
>
> The boxes with disks are now just 'disk servers' and those disks are
> exported to the servers that will provide the filesystem layer. iscsi is
> the technology used to export the disks in this scenario.

Is there a neat way to get start the partitions and get them mounted in
this setup?  I have a server on which I want to create /dev/md0 from two
iscsi partitions.  I then want to export /md0 to other servers using
GFS.

Do I have to hand-craft my own scripts to start the md devices at boot
time and get the filesystems mounted before starting GFS, or is there
already a way to do that?  (I don't have a problem with doing so, but
if there's already a "right" way to do it...)

James